DocXtools™ for the Life Sciences Industry
Our software, DocXtools and our Document Audit and Document Emergency Room (DocER) services help content contributors at leading pharmaceutical and biotech companies prevent document problems and produce higher-quality documents, essentially shortening the overall submission process.
Life Sciences Configuration
The Life Sciences configuration includes functionality targeted to authors, quality control specialists, and those that perform document rebuilds.
- FDA/EMA Check - validate that your document conforms to the formatting guidelines established by the FDA or the EMA. You can further configure this check to validate your style compliance.
- Abbreviations Check - verify the accuracy of each abbreviation and full text reference in your document.
For quality control specialists:
- Total Check - Runs all Life Science document check categories and rules including style compliance for submission, then launches a task pane to display the results of the Total Check.
- House Style Check (Style Compliance) - Runs a search for only the categories that check for your style compliance as configured by your DocXtools Administrator.
- Symbols Check - Automatically search the document for the existence of symbols, and verify that those found are correctly used. Replace those that are not correct based on your organization's standards.
For rebuild workflow users:
- Document Check - check the quality of a document in a single click.
- Rebuild Document - completely rebuild a document so that it more closely reflects your organization's document specifications.
The following is a list of some of the key features used in the life sciences industry:
- Total Check - can help improve the process by providing you the ability to evaluate abbreviations, symbols, and style compliance in the document, and validate that a document meets the minimum regulatory requirements, thereby helping to minimize the possibility that there will be a refuse to file, or delay in review.
- Cross References - a tool that makes the insertion and maintenance of cross references in the authoring and collaboration phases of a document easy.
- Style Application - efficient formatting and styling capabilities that far surpass what native Word provides.
- Abbreviations - verify the accuracy of each abbreviation and full text reference; an important part of the document authoring and quality control stages.
- Symbols Check - check for approved symbols as configured by your DocXtools Administrator.
The comprehensive collection of software, support and services offered in DocXtools is enhanced with optional Modules that support enterprise-wide initiatives for productivity and efficiency gains. The following Modules are compatible with DocXtools v6.1.
- DocID - document authors can easily insert or suppress the DocID within a document as needed. DocID formats can be configured by the firm or company and deployed enterprise-wide.
- Table of Contents - leverages and extends native Word functionality to enable the insertion of multiple Tables of Contents, Figures, Tables and Appendices into a document.
- doc to docx Conversion - The doc to docx Module prevents issues such as loss of numbering and changes to pagination, line spacing and formatting when converting to docx format.